Summer Camp Positions
The Town of North Berwick is hiring for our Summer Camp Program that operates for 6 weeks thorughout the summer.
Positions that need to be filled include:
- Camp Leader - Part of the Management Team
- Full-Time Counselors - Paid positions
- Jr. Counsleors - Community Service Hours
The Town provides CPR/First Training for all Summer Camp employees. North Berwick Summer Camp operates for 6 weeks begining the end of June/Beginning of July. You can make a great impact on the lives of North Berwick kids attending summer camp.
For more information, please contact Kaylyn Bell, North Berwick Parks and Recreation Driector, at 207-676-3206 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application must be received by March 31, 2022.
Seasonal Public Works Plow Truck Drivers
The Town of North Berwick is seeking applicants for temporary seasonal plow truck drivers, a CDL is preferred though not required.
We are seeking a person who has a strong work ethic, a team player, and who demonstrates excellent customer service skills.
This position reports to the Public Works Foreman. The hourly rate of pay is $20.00 with a 4 hour minimum per call-out. Double-time Holiday pay for hours worked on a recognized holiday.
Essential responsibilities include:
- Operates snowplow and salt truck to remove ice and snow from roads and assigned areas, which require early morning starts, extended hours, and weekend duty including holidays.
- Responds in a timely manner (within 30 minutes) when called to assist in snow plowing.
- Ensure that roads under responsibility of this position are adequately and safely plowed, when required
- Inspects equipment on regularly scheduled basis. Complies with safety precautions.
- Follows all safety rules, policies, and regulations. Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Reports all incidents involving equipment’s functioning to Supervisor(s).
Desirable Experience and Training
Must have and maintain a current valid driver’s license, a CDL is preferred though not required. While a CDL is not required for this position, if the successful candidate is a CDL holder, they would be subject to random drug and alcohol testing as described in the Town of North Berwick Drug and Alcohol Testing policy.