The North Berwick Fire Department is a volunteer on-call department whose primary function is to provide fire protection and education to all citizens within the Town of North Berwick. The department has a current staffing level of 30 personnel who are paid a stipend for calls and training.
The Fire Department consists of the Central Station, built in 1927, located on Market Street and the Substation located on Morrells Mill Road which was built in 1993.
The Fire Department currently has the following Apparatus:
Ford LS8000 (1993) Pumper
Ford F350 (2002) Forestry
Sterling M8500 (2003) Pumper
E-One/Ford F550 (2007) Utility
E-One Typhoon (2013) Pumper
E-One/International (2016) Tanker - 3000 Gallons
William Hill Fire Fighters Association
On December 9, 1882, the William Hill Engine Company was formed and became the Town's first volunteer firemen's association. The Company was named for William Hill, founder of the North Berwick Company, manufacturer of woolens, and the North Berwick Bank.
In March of 1986, the William Hill Engine Company became the North Berwick Fire Department. The fire fighters then incorporated as a non-profit association called the William Hill Fire Fighters Association. The sole purpose of the association is to financially support the North Berwick Fire Department for the purpose of buying equipment without taxpayer money. The William Hill Fire Fighters Association also has a Ladies Auxillary that assists the Association in their efforts.
|Brian Gosselin||Fire Chief||(207) 588-9003|
|Larry Straffin||Deputy Chief||(207) 676-2231|
|Mark Kelewae||Senior Captain||(207) 641-5245|
|Jason Coffin||Captain||(207) 251-9042|
|Ryan Sprusansky||Senior Lieutenant||(207) 251-5350|